I. Educational Goal
- 1. Through studying at the True Parents’ Language Institute as citizens of Cheon Il Guk, we give opportunities to learn True Parents’ language, Korean, and the culture centering on Heavenly Father.
- 2. By providing Korean language education to world leaders, we will contribute to their deeper understanding of True Parents’ words and life of faith.
II. Courses Available
1. Beginners course 1, 2
- Learn correct pronunciation and structural background of vowels and consonants. Also become familiar with simple basic expressions.
- Practice pronunciation for prayers and True Parents' word.
- Learn formal and informal expressions.
- Learn to use everyday expressions and grammar.
- Learn the language through practical sentence patterns and increase the number of vocabulary and grammar.
- - Learn correct pronunciation and structural background of vowels and consonants. Also become familiar with simple basic expressions.
2. Intermediate course 1, 2
- Using vocabularies and grammars acquired in the beginner's course, practice on more fluent speaking.
- Learn and understand daily idioms and their usage in Korean society and culture.
- Be able to develop and use complex sentence structures.
- Through the intermediate course student will be able to understand the content and the function of grammatical components and learn to express themselves more freely.
- Develop skills to pray and write diaries in Korean.
- - Using vocabularies and grammars acquired in the beginner's course, practice on more fluent speaking.
3. Advanced course
- Read different type of texts and summarize in own words.
- To be able to understand news contents on various social and cultural aspect through newspaper, television, etc.
- Understand True Parents', True Children’s and Dae Mo Nim's words.
- Develop fluent speaking skills and discussion skills that can be used in Korean society and in companies.
- - Read different type of texts and summarize in own words.
III. Study course
1. Study period
Division Semester time period Total times General course 1st semester Every year March 2nd – The first week of May 10 weeks (200 hours) 2nd semester Every year June 1st – The first week of August 10 weeks (200 hours) 3rd semester Every year Semtember 2st – The first week of November 10 weeks (200 hours) 4th semester Every year December 1st- The first week of February 10 weeks (200 hours)
2. Each day we commence class for 4 hours (9:00 to 12:00 / 13:00 to 14:00)
General course - The course will be 10 weeks, and beside from regular class hours, we will hold various programs, such as culture trip, cultural festival, speech contest, etc.
3. Group division
- Every semester the new students will take an entrance exam. They will be divided according to their results among the 6 levels available. Students who have already attended a semester will be assigned to classes depending on their previous exam results.
- In the Korean Language Institute rule no. 17, students must attend classes. Lack of attendance will become a matter of concern if it goes beyond 1/5th of the semester. If the student does not follow the rule, they will be demoted.
5. Exam evaluation
- Every semester through the mid-term and final exam results of the writing, listening, speaking if the result is above D and attendance exceeds 80%, the student will be able to receive a graduation certificate.
6. Special activities
- The Korean Language Institute offers opportunities through programs where students can learn Korean culture and lifestyle.
- i) Cultural tours: Various school trips (1 night and 2 days) such as "Korean Cultural Heritage Trip" and "Sightseeing Trip" will be held.
- ii) Cultural Festival: A festival is held to express students' abilities, such as singing, music, and musicals.
- iii) Speech Contest: It is conducted for the purpose of improving Korean language proficiency by writing a manuscript in Korean and participating in the presentation contest by memorizing the completed manuscript.
- iv) etc.
- Student counseling: Regular interviews, personal counseling, group meetings, etc.
7. Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK)
- We encourage and support students who want to take the exam provided by Korean Educational Program Evaluation Committee ( required for University entrance class)
- What is TOPIK?
TOPIK is a Korean language test for foreigners in Korea and people who studying Korean in other countries. The test is administered by the Korean Institute of Curriculum and Evaluation.